Olney Health & Fitness Club Rules
All OHF members (“Members”), guests, and those periodically visiting (together “you”) OHF must comply with these Rules. These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at our Club and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership. Any person who does not comply with these Rules may be ejected from, or denied access to a Club, or may have their Membership terminated by OHF if the non-compliance is serious. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules, or our individual Club operational rules, at any time. If we do this, we will give Members reasonable advance notice by placing the new Rules on the notice board.
In these Rules, “OHF”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Olney Health & Fitness Ltd Company. Words and phrases in these Rules have the same meanings as given in our Membership Terms & Conditions
, unless specified otherwise.
1. Acceptance of an application for Membership at our Club is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably, and in compliance with applicable laws).
2. Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available from time to time at the Club. We offer different types of Memberships and facilities in the Club, and the types of memberships and facilities offered by us may change from time to time.
3. You should contact the Club if you would like further details of different types of OHF Memberships that are available. Each category of Membership has different restrictions, conditions, and benefits. Another category of Membership may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
(a) All memberships are subject to a £40 annual ‘Membership Fee’ for the first 3 years of consecutive membership, on the 4th anniversary no fee will be payable as the member obtains ‘Life Member’ status. If the member joined on a ‘Promotion’ or as a ‘Corporate Member’ and the fee was waived, it would still be applicable the following year. (or if the type of membership changed)
4. A Membership Card will be issued to each Member when they join a Club.
5. There is a fee (£2.50) for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
6. Each Member must have his/her card swiped for security and verification on each visit to a Club before proceeding into the Club. Any Member attending a Club without a valid Membership Card may be asked for proof of identification.
7. A Member must not lend his Membership Card to anyone else as Membership is personal and covers only the Member’s use of a Club.
8. On termination of Membership, for any reason, the Member is required to surrender his/her Membership Card to the Club.
9. Where OHF terminates a Member’s Membership, this will make the Member ineligible for renewal unless authorised by a company Director.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
10. Members (over the age of 18) may bring guests to a Club upon payment of: (a) the guest fee, as set out in the relevant Club price list current at the time of the guest’s visit charged by the Club; and (b) completion of a Par-Q by the guest
11. Members must accompany their guest at all times, and the Member who brings the guest remains responsible for their guest’s conduct whilst they are in a Club. The Member may not leave that Club prior to their guest’s departure.
12. Certain former Members, persons who have applied for Memberships but have been rejected, and former Members of staff, may be ineligible to be a Member, or guest, of a Club. If in doubt, the Member should check with a Club’s management for advice.
13. A Member who has “frozen” his/her Membership will not be allowed access to the Club (including as a guest).
14. Members must ensure their guests pay the appropriate guest fee, or surrender a valid guest pass (if applicable) before accompanying them into a Club.
15. Members must ensure that their guests comply with these Rules.
16. A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to a Club by prior arrangement or appointment, subject to OHF’s absolute discretion - and may be required to pay the guest fee (as set out in the relevant Club price list, current at the time of visit). At all times, visitors must complete a Par-Q
17. Opening times for a Club will be prominently displayed at the Club.
18. You are respectfully requested to leave the gymnasium with sufficient time to enable you to use the showering and changing facilities if desired, and to leave the Club premises punctually at the time of closing. All Club facilities will close at the advertised closing time with the exception of any private functions.
19. You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
20. You must not take any photography or movie shots in any Club (including by use of a camera on a mobile phone or PDA without written permission).
21. We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. However, where reasonably possible, we will ask you to sign a use of image rights form (an “OHF photography reproduction authorisation form”) to consent to this usage.
22. You must not consume any food in the Club unless you are in the seated area in reception.
(a) Plastic/Stainless Steel or aluminium drinks containers only – NO GLASS
23. We reserve the right to show potential Members and other individuals the facilities of a Club on a trial basis.
24. You must complete a Par-Q before using any fitness facilities.
25. You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment even if you have signed a waiver.
26. Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising, if you have no appropriate foot wear or dirty footwear you will be refused entry and not be allowed to train.
(a) If you wish to Squat or Deadlift in stocking feet, you do so ‘at your own risk’ and you must put your footwear back on once you leave the Squat rack.
27. Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than 15 minutes during busy periods.
(a) Members must use collars on all barbells at all times
(b) All weights, plates, dumbbells and other equipment must be returned to its rack or designated place.
(c) A member of staff should be consulted for switching on/off of Heaters or Fans
(d) Refrain from dropping Dumbbells on the floor, if you can’t manage to lower the weight safely, ask for help, don’t just drop them!
(e) Fit Ball/Swiss Balls are not to be stood on top of or used with weights, you will be asked to cease if you are found attempting to do.
28. You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment after use with Anti-Bacterial Spray and Paper Towel.
29. You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours’ notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
30. You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of anti-coagulants, anti-histamines, beta-blockers, alcohol, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
31. You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them.
(a) Advance bookings are needed to secure places for all our classes. If you have not booked, Reception will be able to let you know if spaces are available.
(b) Classes can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
If you persistently fail to turn up, your booking rights may be suspended.
You must give notice if you are not attending to allow other members the opportunity to partake in the class.
32. Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice. Classes are provided at management discretion and can be cancelled or withdrawn at any time.
33. You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may interfere with the Class and disrupt other participants.
34. In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be barred to anyone arriving more than five (5) minutes late.
35. Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees in the class to comply with our Health & Safety policy.
36. An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
37. We reserve the right to limit your participation to only one exercise class per day.
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
38. You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the Club, and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Club by any other person. In particular you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner, nor will you molest, or harass, other Members, guests, visitors, or Members of staff. You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of a Club. You may not bring any alcohol into the Club or be drunk in the Club.
39. We may terminate your OHF Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry into a Club, or eject you from a Club, if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, your Membership contract (if applicable), or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
40. Members of a Club, their guests, visitors, and members of staff should at all time display mutual respect for each other.
41. Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the relevant Club’s management, or in writing through a member of staff, or by post to the Club’s General Manager.
42. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Club.
43. You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Club premises, and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in a Club. The staff may require you to leave the Club premises or part of the Club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
44. Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle (ladies shower) at any one time.
45. Members are respectfully requested to store coats and rucksacks in the changing rooms and hooks provided.
46. Lockers are made available subject to availability. OHF does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. We will not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts unless they result from our negligence. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
47. Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to a Club. The keeping of any other items in a Club’s lockers is prohibited. If OHF has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this Rule, OHF reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
48. With the exception of any designated private lockers, lockers are available for use only while you are on a Club’s premises. Use of a locker while not on Club premises is prohibited. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker, OHF reserves the right to open the locker (by force if necessary) and remove your belongings.
49. Your belongings, so removed, will be available for collection from the Club’s Reception for a period of fourteen (14) days. If you do not collect your belongings within fourteen (14) days, your belongings may be donated to charity or disposed of.
50. Please return keys to the locker once you have finished your workout/Class
51. Where available lockers and locker keys remain the property of a Club and locker keys must not be taken from that Club’s premises at any time.
52. Our car park may only be used by Members, guests, and visitors while they are on Club premises. You may not leave your car in our car parks at any other time (for example, you may not leave it there following a Club visit while you go elsewhere).
53. No unauthorised parking is permitted on Club premises. Where car parking spaces are designated for use by Members, cars must be parked properly in such spaces or they will be clamped and a fee may be charged (where applicable) for removal of the clamp.
54. You must comply with the written guidelines posted around the vicinity of the sunbeds and seek advice from our staff and/or a Doctor. Under 18’s are not permitted to use the sunbeds.
55. You are required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to usage.
56. The Club may request that you complete a sunbed appointment record prior to your first sunbed session, and for all subsequent sessions at that Club.
57. In the interests of safety, goggles or ‘Winkees’ must be worn while using the sunbeds.
58. You are requested to clean the sunbeds, before and after use, with the cleaning materials provided.
HEALTH & SAFETY
59. You must use the main entrance to a Club when entering or leaving that Club.
60. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
61. You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms in a Club and comply with their recommendations.
62. You must comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
63. Child Members, under the age of 16, must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
64. Child Members may only join the Club if aged over 14 years and accompanied by their Parent or legal guardian in order give their consent and to authorise the Par-Q and Membership agreement